By December 8, 2008

Battlestar Galactica prop auction: January 17 and 18, so say we all

I got wind of this in the Lounge forum of Ars Technica: there is an upcoming Battlestar Galactica prop auction on January 17 and 18 of 2009. With the series coming to a close at the end of this season, everything from crazy ass instruments to PVC panties are up for grabs.

If I had unlimited funds, I’d pick up the command and control console table. I think it would be great for gaming:

Estimated auction price: $10,000 – 12,000.

I wouldn’t mind owning these set of five prop pistols, mostly because I already own three of the real handguns they are based off of (as near as I can tell):

For the curious, from top left to bottom right, I think they are:

• Tokarev TT-33 (owned)
  • CZ-52 (owned)
  • ??? No idea on this one — tried Beretta, H&K, Sig Sauer, Taurus, CZ, and Fabrique Nationale. Anyone?
  • ??? Looks like a modified TT-33
  • Modified Glock 26 or 27, the slide is definitely Glock, although there is no barrel installed. (owned)
  • Some sort of J-Frame Smith and Wesson or Taurus revolver, with a modified upper?

Estimated auction price: $1,000 – 2,000.

So, if you could pick two things from the auction, what would you buy?

Thanks to TheSpike for originally posting this in the Lounge.

Posted in: gibberish, link and run

10 Comments on "Battlestar Galactica prop auction: January 17 and 18, so say we all"

1. Donut says:

the top right is a Vector CP1 don’t know much about them but have seen one at a local shop

You’re right! Nice eye. While researching the Vektor, I noticed a recall stating that the gun can be fired if bumped … holy shit :

3. Spectre says:

Most people when they say that a gun will fire if “bumped” they really mean the gun will fire if dropped or slammed really hard. The recall if for those who are concerned about it. I personally don’t care as I don’t see myself dropping or using my guns as a hammer in the future.

4. Jeff Pawlak says:

Hello,

The #3 pistol is a copy of the VECTOR pistol made in South Africa.

#4 is a Hipoint or Iberia

#5 is a CAT 9 or .45 cal. related but not a Glock.
    Thanks, have a good auction! Battlestar RULES!

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your note — that is indeed an Intratec CAT 9/45. I never knew that pistol existed!

6. Jeff Pawlak says:

Hello again,

It took me a while to figure it out but the #6 prop gun is a Mateba Auto-Revolver. They are kind of unique.

Thanks again! -Jeff-

7. KCP Studio says:

Greetings….. #6 gun is the BSG pilot gun. Only two hero guns made. The base gun is a Smith and Wesson Model 10 with machined outer shells. The original barrel was removed and replaced. During season 1, two more hero shells were made but with added details.

8. dax says:

Hi,

no Pawlak, the 3# pistol is the new Beretta Storm PX4 !

9. KCP Studio says:

Hi Dax,
    Number 3 (top right) is a Vector CP1. Many were used as well as castings of it. So, Pawlak was indeed correct.

10. Darren says:

The first pistol is not a TT-33, it;s an FN Model 1900 — a John Browning designed .32ACP (7.65mm Browning) that dates much earlier than the TT-33, and was a pocket pistol, not a full-size military service pistol like the TT-33 was. Incidentally, an FN Model 1900 was used by Gavrilo Princip to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife in 1914, setting off the First World War.