By February 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't call it "fun."

I saw an ad for Mensa in this month’s issue of Mental Floss, and I went to their Web site to see if Mensa had some sort of online brainiac quiz. Turns out that they do. The thirty questions “Mensa Workout” test is a battery of logic puzzles, sequence analysis, word questions, and visual games that must be completed in thirty minutes or less.

The HTML title of the quiz is the “Mensa Fun Test,” and after finishing it I would say it’s fun in the way smashing your mind against a standardized test is fun.

Give it a try. I got 21 out of 30, missing the following:

3, 6, 14, 15, 19, 25, 26, 28 (which I should have gotten right), and 29.

How’d you do?

No tags for this post.
Posted in: games, link and run

7 Comments on "Well, I wouldn't call it "fun.""

I got 24 out of 30, gave up on 2 of them (two of the words, parachute and the other one), and just got 4 ones wrong. Fun.

2. ms_lady_jaye says:

Your score was 27 out of 30. That is an excellent score, you would have a very strong chance of passing the Mensa test and joining Mensa.

Heh. Got lucky on some but missed the vocabulary questions…go figure.

3. Stomper says:

I got 25 out of 30. I missed 3, 7, 15, 19, and 25. Because of the time limit I passed on 15, and 19 – just didn’t see how I’d get to an answer in a reasonable length of time on those two and didn’t have a guess either. Some of the visual patter ones were fun!

Yay! We are all better than Doc. Especially Lady Jaye, always said you were too good for him!

Let the snobbery begin!

I always knew you guys were the brains, and I was the brawn. 🙂

I did the whole test in my head, only to turn around later and see Lady Jaye using paper to make notes! I wasn’t even smart enough to use a prop. 🙁

6. Stomper says:

Ok, I know I wouldn’t have gotten as many right if I hadn’t been writing them out.

Writing them out!

Cheaters the lot! Or just smarter than I.