By June 30, 2008

Zombies: one gun, one song, one sidekick.

Thanks to Arsian special*dark for posting this on his blog. Here’s the important question at hand:

You are in a mall when the zombies attack. You have:
1. One weapon.
2. One song blasting on the speakers.
3. One famous person to fight alongside you.

Weapon can be real or fictional; you may assume endless ammo if applicable. Person can be real or fictional.

Here’s my reply:

Yay, zombies!

1) Olympic Arms AR-15 pistol.

2) “March of Death” by Zach de la Rocha and DJ Shadow

3) Randy “The Natural” Couture

No tags for this post.
Posted in: link and run, zombies

19 Comments on "Zombies: one gun, one song, one sidekick."

1. BushPutin says:

Nah… screw that….

1.) XM214 minigun
    2.) ‘Seventeen’ by Winger cuz if I’m gonna die
    and go to hell, I might as well get a taste of
    how horrible it’s gonna be, and Winger is
    absolutely hell’ish music
    3.) Angelina Jolie…cuz she’s hot, but I wouldn’t
    be all that sad if I saw her get eaten
    by zombies.

2. Jim Shoe says:

Wow, I went to a totally different place with this one:
    1. Colt

3. Jim Shoe says:

Wow, I went to a totally different place with this one:
    1. Colt M1861 revolver
    2. Gerryowen
    3. George A. Custer

How great would it be to see Custer get killed again, and this time by zombies? Pretty great I think.

4. Configures says:

1) sawed-off shotgun? It’s not like long range matters in a mall, right?
    2) Rawhide
    3) Charleton Heston — oh, wait, would he be on their side now?

5. Configures says:

Wait, no, not much stopping power on shotguns. Your pistol or some kind of revolver, I guess.

6. Configures says:

I got confused by the Wikipedia article that said shotguns were mostly used on birds. Maybe I should update the article from a zombie-defense POV. :-)

Man, I miss AIM. My Linux desktop at home died, and it (the Kopete client, anyway) really doesn’t work well on the XO (no alerts or multiple chat windows).

There won’t be any problem with shotguns and stopping power. Besides, you’re just taking the head off anyway! :) I think the issue with a shotgun would be close range … and you kind of want to avoid those types of encounters with masses of zombies.

8. Starbuck says:

okay this is all fantasy and assuming I knew how to wield a sword like a master. I am stuck between two weapons.

1)Longsword because of the double edge blade, extreme reach and good offensive weapon. But with the daishō (wakizashi and katana)you have two weapons in one. The katana because of the reach, can be as long as a longsword, but a single edge blade. The wakizashi because it is your backup weapon and good for decapitating defeated enemies. So that comes in handy when zombies attack
    2) Break Stuff – Limp Bizkit
    3) Xena – she can wield a mean sword and chakram (think frisbie that will cut your head off)

and with that my sword zombie fantasy ends

1) A herring, because when I defeat a swarm of zombies with a herring you will all be forced to worship my greatness. Not to mention the biography on me would be awesome.

2) Some classical music. I think Vivaldi.

3) Famous person – Thomas Jefferson. Imagine the biography of me he would write after I crushed a zombie revolution with a herring, to the sweet sounds of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.

10. Starbuck says:

you would have to trick out your herring for that to be possible…put spikes on it and shit. But then again fantasy is fantasy.

11. Bond says:

1. Callahan Fullbore Autolock (Vera)

2. Bonestripper – Damn Yankees

3. Charlton Heston (Reanimated corpse)

Fun answers so far, I’m always happy to see my friends reply to zombie topics :)

One set of answers from a co-worker:

1) Lawnmower, ala Braindead / Dead Alive.

2) “Smack My Bitch Up” by Prodigy.

3) Gary Coleman, since he would probably be the security guard on duty.

I guess that begs the question: what weapon would Gary Coleman use? :)

13. zaphod says:

1) AA-12
    2) The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly Theme
    3) Milla Jovovich

14. Mr. Scott says:

My real picks are tediously practical, so let’s go with fiction:

1. Iron Man armor, for air-conditioned comfort and safety while crushing skulls and trading one-liners with Jarvis the computer.

2. “All My Rowdy Friends”, Hank Williams Jr.

3. A hot girl, naturally… Kaylee from Firefly would be a good choice, especially since she’s the only one who could figure out how to get me out of the armor. ;)

Mmm, Kaylee:

That’s the name of my car :)

16. Starbuck says:

I think she is cute, but every time I see her I just remember when she was a kid and on the Disney Channel

17. Spectre says:

1. my MAK-90 cuz if it’s the apocalypse I want a gun that can keep going through a little abuse.

2. “Failure In The Flesh” by Through The Eyes of The Dead. The band already sounds like a bunch of zombies made a metal band, and that album is all about zombies.

3. My buddy and mentor Russ. For reasons only he and I will know.

18. Gremlin says:

1. RFB
    2. Tool – Bottom
    3. My wife, because I wouldn’t be OK with leaving her behind or living without her.

19. Shane says: